I strive to create safe space inside my studio and under my needle for humans of all marginalized identities.
I welcome all folx of color, trans humans, people of larger than "average" sizes and varied physical abilities, and promise to do all that is in my capacity to honor each person coming through my doors in their full humanity, and treat each client in a dignified, and caring way.
For your reference, and sense of safety my personal identity markers are:
immigrant (post-soviet), queer, jew, non-binary, white, able-bodied, straight-sized, college-educated (BA in women's studies and photography).
I consider myself working-to-middle class, and have no family wealth.
I am vaccinated, boosted and I am continuing to wear masks with all of my clients.
1. What would you like to get?
Please describe your vision as far as you have gotten with it.
2. Where on your body would you like to have it tattooed?
3. Do you have a specific style in mind?
Feel free to reference pieces of mine (or other artists') you were inspired by. Please keep in mind I will not copy an existing tattoo.
Mine or someone else's.
4. Please tell me a little bit about yourself:
Age, pronouns and what little or big thing did you learn about yourself lately?
Is this your first tattoo?
How did you find me?
5. Do you need/would you like any special accommodations to make the experience of getting tattooed more manageable for you? I am asking about such things as allergies, physical limitations, sensory sensitivities, etc.
5. Are you vaccinated against Covid-19?
If not, please tell me why.
6. I am committed to building an anti-racist business, and it is important that my clients are aligned with me on my values.
White folks: Please say a little bit about your personal journey to unlearn white supremacy.
Folks of color: feel free to skip this prompt.
7. Your budget for this piece.
To read more about my fees and other money related concerns, take a look at my "fees" page.
Do you have specific time constraints in the next few months?
Is this tattoo a personal emergency?
If you are looking for a bigger piece, are you planning on staying nearby for the foreseeable future?
I'd also love to know if you are schedule-flexible and if I can summon you with minimal notice.
9. Please attach any art references you've collected for your vision. It is okay if you have none.
my e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you send your e-mail, please be patient. It's just me doing all of the things. I will get back to you.